Thursday, March 4, 2010

No place like home

Well, I've wrapped up my time here in Tokyo and preparing to move back to California. Barring a few small obstacles -- like just noticing that our passports had expired and frantically visiting the U.S. Embassy to get new ones -- we should be back in the U.S. by this time next week.

My coworkers gave me a nice farewell party which was quite fun. I'm not sure why, but I got pretty choked up on my last day at the office. I'm sure part of it was the relief of finally going home, but a lot of it was that I really liked my coworkers. They were the best part of working in Japan.

This past week I've had more time and finally gotten a chance to see more of the neighborhood where we have been living. It is actually a pretty nice area. It is a shame that it took over 2 years before I could actually enjoy it. Nonetheless I'm really looking forward to going home.

No comments: